Sunday, June 15, 2008

IPL battle begins

The Indian Premier League(IPL) is starting from the 18th. I support for the chennai team. I do have one of my best friends - R. Ashwin playing there. I'm really excited. The first match is to be between Bangalore Royal challengers and the Kolkatta Knight Riders. On paper, the Kolkatta team has the stronger batting line up with Ganguly, Ponting, Gayle, Hafeez, Butt. But the match is not won or lost in paper. Considering the present scenario though, the Bangalore team is suffering from more injuries. Their star player kumble is likely to miss the first match. Their batting aso lacks explosiveness with only virat kohli, cameroon white to provide them with the fire power. Kallis, Dravid are expected to provide for stability in the middle of the innings. Their bowling heavily banks on steyn. So I now go for Kolkatta Knight riders to walk thru the match, if not, Storm thru it.



vs

No comments: